How to custom numbering without bold digits in export?

Various tips, tricks and known issues

Moderator: lpaatero

psygo

How to custom numbering without bold digits in export?

Post by psygo »

This is my current workflow so far (mostly because I had already created hundreds of diagrams through Sabaki...):

1. Create diagrams in Sabaki
2. Export diagrams to EPSs
3. Include the EPSs in my LaTeX document

So far so good. The images are high quality and very legible. However, when the numbering gets to double digits, the characters are so big they don't fit each stone. You can find an image example here: https://imgur.com/a/BFESyGA

Does my workflow fit GoWrite2? Or do I have to rewrite all the diagrams through GoWrite all over again? If so, how would I best do it?

Currently, I also don't know exactly how to create custom numbering through GoWrite2 itself. The *Edit labels on the board* tool also seems to do it in bold characters.
lpaatero
Go liiton hallitus

Re: How to custom numbering without bold digits in export?

Post by lpaatero »

It looks like the numbers have been added as text labels into the SGF. This does not really work with GOWrite. One could try to tune it with "options" -> "layout and graphics options", but result will never be good.

Normal way to create numbered sequence in SGF is to add diagrams, lets say diagram before move 24 and after 34. Then diagram automatically includes moves with numbers between those moves. To see what printed output would be like, "view" -> "print view" can give (bit incomplete) idea.

/Lauri
psygo

Post by psygo »

Wow, I've been misusing Go Write completely then. Thank you for pointing it out.

That said, I do prefer the bold digits in general, they seem much easier to read, though only when there single digit numbers. Maybe, as a suggestion, have those bold numbers be smaller when they are double or triple digits in next releases? I don't know, I guess you probably have already pondered about this.
lpaatero
Go liiton hallitus

Post by lpaatero »

You can adjust fonts and many others things in "options" -> "layout and graphics options"
If basic options do not allow expected thing, advanced options probably do.

/Lauri